From St. Louis

Friday, December 09, 2005

Long time

Ok, ok, so it's been a while since I could last post. I've been busy! So, the news - Samuel's potty-trained! Yeah! I found out the reason he cried every time I put him on the toilet - he thought it would hurt to go pee. :) Kids are funny. As he gradually realized that it didn't hurt, he began to think that going to the bathroom was the greatest thing in the world! He must have been going every five minutes! :) I'm so happy that I'm just changing Seth's diapers now, and I don't have to worry about potty-training him for a long time.

Speaking of Seth, he is walking everywhere and getting into everything! The cutest thing he's doing right now is saying, "Thank you!" He's been saying it a few weeks now, but recently he has been saying it with more clarity. You just want to squeeze him and hug him he's so cute!

Abigail is doing well in school. For the most part of this week, we've been reviewing her penmanship and math. She's been learning how to count money (dimes, nickels, and pennies), but it hasn't been easy. I played this "check out" game with her, though, and she's finally understanding it. She's so excited that she keeps asking me to play with her more. :) She's reading very well, which is exciting. It's so rewarding to see what she's been able to do with a little schooling.

What else? John just finished two big papers this semester. He just has a logic final on Monday and that will be it for this semester. He's trying to get ahead for next semester, though, by completing an independent study course during his break. The work never ends!

We got to go out to dinner at the Outback on my birthday, Monday. That was nice. My mom and dad showed up at the door singing happy birthday and said they'd watch the kids while we went out. I love having family so close! John got me a cross word puzzle book for my birthday. Got to like that gift! Hehaha! I laugh, but we had talked about how those kinds of things are good to do to help keep the brain going. So, he got me one! I love my hubby. You know, before we were married, he used to get me flowers and write me poems and sing me songs...and now...it's cross word puzzles. ;) What five years of marriage does to you! ;) No, really, I love my husband sooooooo much, as you all know. He still occasionally gives me flowers and sings me songs, and writes me poems. I wrote him one the other day that was so corny. I'm no good at writing poems, but I tried! Well, tis late and I should get to bed. I've got a busy day ahead of me. Good night!

4 Comments:

  • HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!!! It's nice to read your posts Holly, we miss you guys, and your blog helps. :D

    By Blogger tammy, at Tuesday, December 13, 2005 8:21:00 PM  

  • Thanks Tammy! I like doing the blog when I can, but then sometimes I wonder if anybody's reading it. So, thanks for commenting! :) My whole reason for doing it was to try and keep in touch with you guys in Albany. We miss you, too. Abigail really misses New York, as well. She often talks about liking that house more...I think it's the snow, which that's one of the things I least miss! She still prays for you and Shawn to be blessed with another baby. It's so sweet to hear her pray that. SO, you are not forgotten! We hope to be able to come up in June. That should be fun!

    By Blogger Holly, at Tuesday, December 13, 2005 10:41:00 PM  

  • Hey Holly! Did you just start blogging? I'll be sure to read your posts. :) That's funny about Abigail missing NY--I remember talking about a house that we moved out of when Sarah and I were about 3 years old. Those early memories seem really make an impression. You're coming (Lord willing) in June? My baby's due to come sometime in the first or second week of July. Good to hear that you're enjoying being close to family--I sure miss my fam! TTFN

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, January 07, 2006 7:35:00 PM  

  • Hi Laura!

    I've been blogging for a few months now. I don't have the time to do it a whole lot, but I like to try and keep in touch with everybody.
    You don't really realize how much the kids are affected by their surroundings when they're young. It's interesting. Abigail has quite the memory, though. I don't remember much of my childhood.
    We'll just miss him then! You'll have to put pictures on your blog.
    I know what it's like to miss your family, especially when you have children. Will you be able to at least move near other people in the church who could help you at times?

    By Blogger Holly, at Sunday, January 08, 2006 11:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home