From St. Louis

Friday, November 11, 2005

waiting for pain

I went to the ER today because I've been having mild pain on my left side of my abdomen and back. After a Cat- Scan, they found they I have two kidney stones just trying to come out. Wonderful news! ;) We were happy that it wasn't anything else that could be more serious. So, now I'm just waiting for the pain to intensify and pass these dreadful stones. My wrists and hands are really hurting me right now because they had to poke me four times before they were done putting an IV in and taking my blood! My veins were not cooperating. The first guy who poked me was new at taking blood and really nervous. He had the needle in his hand and he was just shaking. I was thinking, "Are you going to stop shaking when you poke me?" Well, he didn't! So, here he is holding my hand shaking and holding the needle shaking and trying to get blood! Can you say painful! He tried two times and couldn't get blood, even sticking the needle further in didn't help. :) The poor guy! I was good to him, though. :) They brought the expert guy in to finish the job, but even he had to poke me twice! He was getting blood from one vein and it just stopped giving! So, then he had to poke me again to get more blood! What a day!

3 Comments:

  • Yikes! You poor woman! Maybe you were dehydrated? I hope you pass those stones without too much pain. We'll be praying for you. Hugs

    By Blogger Manda, at Saturday, November 12, 2005 2:50:00 PM  

  • You should be a nurse! The guy who knew what he was doing said the same thing. Thanks for your prayers. So far, I'm not in much pain. Who knows when I'll pass them. At least I'm not pregnant with kidney stones! John's sister Carol had some when she was 35 weeks pregnant! They drugged her up and put fluids down her so that she'd pass them quickly. Ouch! I really don't want to feel that sort of pain. :(

    By Blogger Holly, at Saturday, November 12, 2005 5:00:00 PM  

  • We're praying!! xoxoxoxo

    By Blogger Kathryn, at Monday, November 14, 2005 8:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home