From St. Louis

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Goodbyes

Sometimes John leaves in the morning to go to classes when the kids are up, and when he does it's so cute when they say goodbye to him. They like to stand at the door (or even run out into the yard towards his car) and yell to him that they love him, etc. Well, today, Abigail yelled, "Hey, Dad, one more thing! Do good and get a 100%!" I thought that was precious! A minute later, she's crying because she didn't get to "say goodbye" to him. I'm like what do you think you just did? She's said, "But I didn't get to hug him and kiss him!" Enough times she meant! How loved he must feel as he goes off to school. If they did that for me everyday, I think I would be a better mommy. :) Sometimes you feel so under-rated for all that you do for your kids. Hopefully, when they're older and have a family they'll truly thank me (with understanding) for all I've sacrificed! It took me having my own family to really see how much my parents did for me as a child.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home